Fall, From Above

Fall, From Above
Purchase this photograph and more at Autumn's Loft!

Autumn's Loft

AUTUMN’S LOFT Priest Lake’s premier resource for local creations! Enjoy Autumn H. Kennedy’s own Priest Lake Images scenic photography metals, canvas, and handmade photo cards inspired by the lake & countryside. Visit her artist’s loft & art gallery with offerings from over 50 local artisans. Showcasing fine art in watercolors, acrylic, charcoal, and mixed media among a great selection of rustic furnishings from her family's tree farm as well as pottery, jewelry, metal works, soaps, lotions, candles, glassware, and local authors. Stop in for a Huckleberry Espresso and browse the two story gallery of treasures. It is located on the left, just past mile 27 on Hwy 57. Follow us on Facebook for events, art classes, and new products. Open all year. Call for current hours. 208-443-0216 Autumn@PriestLakeimages.com.

Priest Lake Images


Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines!




Been awhile since I posted! Anyway, I would like to shout out a big I LOVE YOU to all my friends and family who have supported me the last few years with Autumn's Loft and endured my craziness as I was going between my artist's Loft and managing the Old Northern Inn Bed & Breakfast and shooting weddings, reunions, and nature photography! I so appreciate your patience with me as I never knew if I was coming or going! Obviously I'm still recovering from those super busy summers, and am just now really starting to slow down and enjoy my surroundings. When you're on the go go go so much, it's hard to start living in a different way.
This winter, with all the snow we've had (I'll include current picts as soon as I can) I've felt like I'm in a winter wonderland snow globe. You know the glass ball that you shake to see the snowflakes get all mixed up inside then wait as they gently fall to the base? Well that's what Priest Lake feels like right now... it's own little world (but then when doesn't it?). When the snow puts a heavy coat on all the pine trees, their green tones really stick out. The sun shines bright on these nice blue days and the trees' white coats sparkle with their own brilliant bling-bling. Don't you wish you were here? Anyway, the untouched snow on either side of our driveway is over 4 ft tall and the plowed snow is higher than the roof! This adds to my feeling of living in a snow globe and the silence of winter in the mountains definitely helps me to feel refreshed. Not that Priest Lake is a "cure all" but anytime you can get in nature can definitely help to slow-you-down. So here I am still getting settled in our little home that we moved into last May, and really enjoying my little valentine Clara who is now on tooth #7! And for those of you who read my last blog, yes, I did learn to drive the skid steer cat... very exciting... though it did take me a bit of practicing to get the whole go forward, lift bucket, and dump at same time thing. But I definitely think with more practice I could go pro and plow you out if needed! :)
Happy Valentines Day to YOU and enjoy your surroundings wherever you may be!

No comments: