Fall, From Above

Fall, From Above
Purchase this photograph and more at Autumn's Loft!

Autumn's Loft

AUTUMN’S LOFT Priest Lake’s premier resource for local creations! Enjoy Autumn H. Kennedy’s own Priest Lake Images scenic photography metals, canvas, and handmade photo cards inspired by the lake & countryside. Visit her artist’s loft & art gallery with offerings from over 50 local artisans. Showcasing fine art in watercolors, acrylic, charcoal, and mixed media among a great selection of rustic furnishings from her family's tree farm as well as pottery, jewelry, metal works, soaps, lotions, candles, glassware, and local authors. Stop in for a Huckleberry Espresso and browse the two story gallery of treasures. It is located on the left, just past mile 27 on Hwy 57. Follow us on Facebook for events, art classes, and new products. Open all year. Call for current hours. 208-443-0216 Autumn@PriestLakeimages.com.

Priest Lake Images


Tuesday, March 17, 2009

St. Patty's Day Moose

As I slowly drove up to the crest of the hill on the old country road, a large black moose lunged at me from the left. The road was still choppy snow & ice and I could tell he didn't want to have to jump into the 2 to 3 foot plus snow on the sidelines... so he ran beside me as the road bent east. I'm sure he is the same moose I spotted in December with his large symmetrical rack. That would've been a great photo! His curved spoons collected large white snowflakes as he stood dark and silently within a snow storm. Didn't have my camera ready though. This time I didn't even have my camera with me! Very rare. Anyway his rack must've shed somewhere between the crest of the hill and where I first spotted him. He's been hanging out to eat in this area the last few months.
Anyway, this time he galloped awkwardly beside my vehicle, then veering off into the ditch and into the snow that was still up to his knees. He didn't mind my presence as I pulled over to watch him graze on the bottom limbs of tall pine trees. The snow seems to make everything silent at certain times. I was able to watch him surrounded by white and green, munching on the food available at just his height. Sometimes it's beneficial to not be peering from behind the camera trying to get the best shot. Enjoying the moment and the closeness to nature is at times more precious and definitely needed.

No comments: