Fall, From Above

Fall, From Above
Purchase this photograph and more at Autumn's Loft!

Autumn's Loft

AUTUMN’S LOFT Priest Lake’s premier resource for local creations! Enjoy Autumn H. Kennedy’s own Priest Lake Images scenic photography metals, canvas, and handmade photo cards inspired by the lake & countryside. Visit her artist’s loft & art gallery with offerings from over 50 local artisans. Showcasing fine art in watercolors, acrylic, charcoal, and mixed media among a great selection of rustic furnishings from her family's tree farm as well as pottery, jewelry, metal works, soaps, lotions, candles, glassware, and local authors. Stop in for a Huckleberry Espresso and browse the two story gallery of treasures. It is located on the left, just past mile 27 on Hwy 57. Follow us on Facebook for events, art classes, and new products. Open all year. Call for current hours. 208-443-0216 Autumn@PriestLakeimages.com.

Priest Lake Images


Saturday, September 19, 2009

A Great Day to Be Me

I'm so thankful for all of my wonderful family, friends, and faithful customers who have supported me in all my endeavors the last few years. Thank you for all of your love, listening ears, support, and encouragement. As an artist I have a term I like to call the "Van Gogh Syndrome" meaning the way artists sometimes act a little nuts, seem a little different, sometimes in their own world, and are very picky about certain things. We sometimes tend to frustrate easily and need to act out our inner emotions in order to release & feel some relief. Whether that is painting on a canvas, singing at the top of their lungs, raging fingers down their piano keys, writing a torrent of creative thoughts, or like in Vincent Van Gogh's example; cut off your ear in order to release your creative torment. I don't think I'll ever go that far (gosh I hope not). But I sure do appreciate those close to me who have had to endure my many faults and my "Van Gogh Syndrome". Maybe I shouldn't blame my artist tendencies, perhaps it just comes with being a Virgo. Tomorrow I turn 32. I hope it will be the best year yet! May imagination and creativity flow through this year more than ever!

No comments: