Fall, From Above

Fall, From Above
Purchase this photograph and more at Autumn's Loft!

Autumn's Loft

AUTUMN’S LOFT Priest Lake’s premier resource for local creations! Enjoy Autumn H. Kennedy’s own Priest Lake Images scenic photography metals, canvas, and handmade photo cards inspired by the lake & countryside. Visit her artist’s loft & art gallery with offerings from over 50 local artisans. Showcasing fine art in watercolors, acrylic, charcoal, and mixed media among a great selection of rustic furnishings from her family's tree farm as well as pottery, jewelry, metal works, soaps, lotions, candles, glassware, and local authors. Stop in for a Huckleberry Espresso and browse the two story gallery of treasures. It is located on the left, just past mile 27 on Hwy 57. Follow us on Facebook for events, art classes, and new products. Open all year. Call for current hours. 208-443-0216 Autumn@PriestLakeimages.com.

Priest Lake Images


Friday, September 10, 2010

The Bear is Back!

This past month we've had a visiting black bear in our yard. The first time he ransacked my beautiful birdfeeders, even tearing apart a dragonfly solarlight that held up my roses, as well as the blooms! Obviously he is missing his usual huckleberry delights that normally grace the edge of our yard. Not this year though! Sadly I've only found them at the top of Sundance Mountain on Labor Day: the low, bright red bush of sweet, dark redish-purplish huckleberry. (Note: I also was able to capture amazing light on three dumbfounded grouse at the peak of the mountain.) Anyway... the bear is back as of two nights ago. This time all four of the birdfeeders that I had repaired are now trashed. Even the ones we received as wedding gifts this last May. Not only that, but it's funny that I haven't even seen him yet or been able to photograph him. He stealthily shows up in the night, leaving a huge pile of you-know-what on the grass just outside our door! Abby, our little blue heeler sleeps through it all! Or pretends anyway. Late last night on my way back home from Coolin, I thought I might suprise him. Instead, I almost ran over a small coyote at the 23 mile marker... eyes shining at me, so glad he missed my tire, I mean I'm glad I missed his tail.

No comments: